2/6/16

Bifesta Cleansing Lotion


I guess the saying that 'maturity comes with age' is true or at least in this particular situation. I started wearing makeup during my teens, and back then, good ol' soap and water were good enough to remove everything that I've put on my face. Yuck, I know! But as I learn more about makeup, I realized that soap and water are not good enough. And I learned that the hard way when I discovered the beauty of waterproof mascara. Now, I have a couple of makeup removers. My latest conquest in this division is Bifesta Cleansing Lotion in the Brightup variant.

First of all, I have combination skin which is more on the oily side and the variant that I have with me is actually for dull and flaky skin. This is an accidental buy because I don't know... I saw it at the counter and poof I want it. I know, I know, I should stop buying things on impulse.


Anyway, this is a water-based makeup remover from Japan. And even though I got the wrong variant, this works just like a miracle and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Recommended use is 2-3 pumps on a cotton pad and voila, wipe it all over your face. I don't wear heavy makeup or even eye makeup so double cleansing is enough to remove everything on my face. What I love about this is it's mild formulation. It's like your only using water. It's very gentle on the skin. I didn't have any allergic reaction while using this. Plus, my skin feels clean and supple after. But I still do wash my face after using this.

I haven't tried any high end makeup remover - because I'm stingy, lol - so I don't have any point of comparison. But I'm very much considering the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil. And before my discovery of Bifesta, I've been using different makeup removers for my mascara, eyes and lips and for the face which was very tedious.  I don't think I can go back to that kind of life again, haha!

So far, yes I like this product but I want to expand my horizon. I want to experiment more on this area, but in the mean time, I'll stick with this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment