2/14/15

Virgin Coconut Oil Hair Mask


I've been wanting to try this VCO hair mask for so long! But because of my laziness to get my ass moving to drop by at the supermarket, the idea has been put off for months (yep, you read that correctly). 

I am thankful that my hair is pretty resilient. I don't have much hair problems even though I do routine hair color. I don't do hair mask nor treatments because I'm so lazy - in fact, this is the first time I've done a hair mask in years. My hair is basically wash and wear, and color every two months.

There are no special instructions on how to do this hair mask. All you need is Virgin Coconut Oil, and you're good to go. The amount that you'll be using depends on your hair length and hair volume. If you think 1 table spoon is enough to cover your hair, then use 1 table spoon of VCO. You can never go wrong with this because it's organic, and there's no scare of having an overdose. Leave it for a good 30 - 45 minutes, rinse and voila. I've read from some posts that others leave it overnight.

What I love about this:

  • The smell is divine! 
  • The consistency is very aqueous. It's very easy to apply, and there's no need to pre-heat prior using.
  • It's very easy to rinse. I used A LOT! As in my hair is drenched in VCO kind-of-lot! I was actually scarred at first, because I overused Olive Oil before, and it took me days before I was able to remove everything. 
  • It's cheap. I think cheaper than Olive Oil? Not sure though. 
  • After doing the hair mask, I feel like my hair is softer, shinier and more alive. The ends of my hair feels nice to touch too! 

What I don't like:

  • None that I could think of.

I'm not sure if I can routinely do this because I'm really lazy when it comes to my hair.

Have you tried doing DIY hair masks?


12 comments:

  1. Have to try this

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about VCOs but I have never thought of trying them just yet. Maybe I should one of these days!

    xo
    Janine | Lime & Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to admit that I have never use VCO before. Yes, I have read about all the benefits but I barely have time to pamper myself these days. I really should though, my skin/hair desperately need some TLC.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes me think of summer :)))

    Rosa
    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks for sharing with us, I will definitely keep this in mind to use in the future :)
    www.fashionphases.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow you too dear! :) This coconut oil looks amazing.
    thefancycats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats another product I'm going to have to try aha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll have to try this product!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Indians in Singapore use coconut oil for their hair, & I heard results are amazing. I'm just afraid it may be too oily. Happy Valentine's Day to you, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coconut oil is really good for hair I use to apply it religiously when I was in India and my hair was way better I need to start applying it again.
    www.rumelatheshopaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete