3/31/15

Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner



Pardon the beauty binge... I was a curious cat last month, and I ended up buying a lot of beauty products. And they did dig a deep hole in my pocket. Included in the items that I've purchased is Benefit's The Real Steal Duo. Consider this post the first part of my two-part review.

I confess, this is an impulse buy. I saw The Real Steal Duo few months back in Sephora's website and I've been going gaga about it. For $24, you get to enjoy a full-sized They're Real Mascara plus a travel-sized They're Real Push-Up Liner. There's a cult following for Benefit's The Real Steal Mascara... of course I'm curious! And you do not know how bummed I was when I found out that this was sold out. So when I visited Benefit's store and found out that this is available, I decided to buy it. It's more expensive here though... it costs PHP 1300 (roughly $29). It's such a bummer that I had to pay for an extra $5 because makeup here in Manila is just more expensive. But since I'm getting two for the price of one, why not?



I was very excited about this product, but when I twisted that cap... I've put off the idea of trying it for days! It's my first time to work with that kind of tip. And I was so scarred that I might do something that will damage this product.


I don't know how beauty bloggers do it, because swatching is such a pain! I don't know how to position my hand while the other is hold the camera. I'm using a bridge camera this time so it's easier... but if I'm using my DSLR, I won't do this. It's a pain to hold a heavy camera with just one hand!

And since I'm having fun swatching, here's another one. This time a live version!


And now the moment of truth.

What I love about this product:

  • It's waterproof! When it comes to my eyeliners and mascaras, I don't think I can work with washable formulas. 
  • Easy to remove. Of course, you need to use a makeup remover.
  • It doesn't come off when you wash your face, unless you rub your eyes hard. 
  • It's very pigmented.

What I don't like about this product:

  • It's expensive. And I'm still cringing over the fact that I have to pay an extra $5 to get my hands on the Benefit They're Real Duo. 
  • The butter soft consistency is a huge con! I'm using an expensive eyeliner and I don't want it to run out fast. And there are times that the gel tip will not glide over my eyes because it's too soft!
This is my first time to use a gel liner. I don't usually go with gels because they come in a pot, and I don't want to have an extra brush to clean. Anyway, I don't have plans of repurchasing this. I'll just enjoy this while I still have it.

Question:
What's your favorite eyeliner?

11 comments:

  1. I have this and honestly love it! It takes a few tries to get used to it but it's a dream to wear. I must say I don't use it as often though because it's such a huge pain in the arse to take it off. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have this too! It came with other products in my monthly beauty box. Great review, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tip of the liner is so beautiful and the black is so full. Great review.

    Stay Wonderful Always,
    Heide
    Kintsugi of Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! Kiss
    Lidia

    www.lidiasbag.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to try this eyeliner! Great review!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should try it
    xoxo
    All the best
    Cassie
    http://cassie2fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This liner looks beautiful on you! I should give it a try. Perfect review!

    xo Bry

    AncientEgyptianParanormalRomance.Naughty&Nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I personally dont use it so often, so cheaper Dermacol is good enough for me. But it looks really good on you :)

    Veronika
    http://livingbypanicca.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete