2/9/15

The Body Shop Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel


I am an avid fan of beauty products. I can never go out of the mall without purchasing anything related to beauty. Skin care is my absolute favorite. I love trying out different products until I had that MAJOR breakout last year that lasted for months. I tried being a scientist and experimented on different anti-acne products. I am a scaredy cat that's why, plus I hate visiting the derma. Sadly, nothing helped so I had no choice. Now my skin is okay, and here I am experimenting once more! I'm not sure when I be ready to try different skincare products because that acne breakout really scared the hell of me, but a little cute eyecream wouldn't hurt.

I've known about The Body Shop Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel for quite some time, but never really bothered to try it. After seeing this product on an online beauty store that I frequent, I got really curious and purchased it. To cut the story short, I bought this even though I have no idea what this product is all about.


When I finally got my package, that's the time that I realized there's nothing special about this eye gel. Not that I need anti-wrinkle, anti-aging or anti-what-have-you... BUT aren't eye creams supposed to have like something special in it? I mean, isn't that the reason why most eye creams are REALLY, REALLY pricey? Well, good thing this one isn't so I thought I hit the jackpot. However it's a different story when I received my package. Quite frankly, I was a little disappointed. Because after paying, that's the only time that I started reading reviews about this eye gel. And I'm not happy with what I've read. Good thing though, I didn't let my disappointment get the best of me.  I tried the product, and it turned out to be GREAT. It has a cooling effect that relaxes the eyes and it feels really heavenly. The effect lasts for a good 30 minutes, I think? My eyes felt refreshed after using this.

29 comments:

  1. This sounds an amazing product! =)

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post!
    Lidia

    www.lidiasbag.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear,
    Your blog is so cute. Now, I'm your new follower. I hope you can follow me back.
    Btw, great post.
    Have a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bummer! Hopefully you will find one that you like!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great one. Will have to check it out.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not heard of this eye cream before and frankly, this is the first review I've read about it. Thanks for a honest review, I'll be giving this a miss as I need something stronger to fight my darn fine lines. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is practically useless especially if you need a certain formulation for the eyes. :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds just lovely!! :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Body Shop always have the best products, therefore, I would definitely love to try this product! Thank you for your review!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm using it for a long time now and very happy with it. It's perfect for the loose eyeshadow and pigments!
    Now following you back on GFC and Bloglovin too)

    Tanya
    www.stripesnvibes.com
    BlogLovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. This product sounds great! :D
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems like an awesome product

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this kind of perfumes :)))

    xoxo
    www.bellezzefelici.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never seen anything like this product, think I have to look for it!!

    Rosa
    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. oohhh.. might have to look into this!!! :D thanks for sharing!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  15. ive been using lots of eye creams and serums recently i think i would love this product, may have to get me some haha :) x x

    http://millieerosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like a great product
    http://www.mimosasandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, I haven't heard any reviews about this one, good or bad but I guess only being refreshed for 30 minutes doesn't really seem that great no? I don't know, I'd expect it to be cooling and fabulous for much longer!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sometimes my eyes are just heavy and I hate it. It´s mostly in the spring session. Does it irritated your eyes or would you define it as sensitive skin friendly?

    Veronika
    http://livingbypanicca.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad the reviews were wrong and it worked out!

    lovejoanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great and honest review. Never seen this either and I will keep an eye out for it now.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  21. hmmm, I could definitely use an eye gel with all of these sleepless nights lol great review! I will make sure to follow your blog. Hope that you follow my blog as well and if you do, please keep in touch!

    Bree
    Quirky, Brown Love

    ReplyDelete
  22. This seriously sounds like something my eyes need right now. I haven't slept in 3 days - just struggling! So a nice cooling gel would probably do me the world of good.
    Going to The Body Shop during my lunch break to see if they have it in stock. Thank you!! xx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it! You have interesting posts and everything is beautiful! Amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a fan of BodyShop products too, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks amazing!

    http://bellemelange.net/blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd love to try the hair mask!;) It must work wonders!;)
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete