9/6/19

Schengen Visa Application


Never in my life have I imagined that applying for a visa to Europe is easy, especially for someone who does not hold a "strong" passport.

A little backstory. I have been planning to go home since forever. However this new job - more like employer - immediately shot down my plans for a month long vacation this December. Plans of resigning just to go home went out of the window when I realized that resignation and burning bridges are not the way to go. I decided to just suck it up in order to build my professional career. I mentioned this to my best friend whom I was supposed to meet this December in our home country. Long story short, she got approved, while I got denied. We started having this joke of a conversation of me visiting her in Europe. Well, jokes are indeed half-meant.

What started as a joke, turned into reality. I purchased my ticket a month ago, and that's how the ball started rolling. But we're two busy individuals so our plans only got finalized a week prior my appointment at the embassy.

Anyway, here are the things that I have prepared prior my visa application:

  • Certificate of employment
  • Bank statement (proof of income)
  • Airline ticket / train tickets
  • Itinerary
  • Travel insurance
  • Hostel reservations
  • Passport
  • ID photo
  • Prepaid express envelope 
Regarding travel insurance, some health insurance also have travel insurance. Mine has, but only for a couple of days so I have to purchase travel insurance for the whole duration of my vacation.

I applied at the Austrian Embassy. Austria is not my point of entry, but I will be staying there the longest. 

During the interview I was asked the following questions:
  • Purpose of travel
  • Where will I be going? 
  • And, where will I stay the longest?
  • Am I meeting someone?
After which, they took my finger prints and passport with visa will arrive at my doorstep in 5 business days.

No comments:

Post a Comment