3/19/15

The Battle of the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers


I've never understood the magic of eyelash curlers until I got my hands on my Shu Uemura New Generation Eyelash S Curler. Actually, I thought I bought the traditional Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, so I was really surprised when it's the former that arrived at my doorstep. Oh, I definitely thought of returning it and asking for the other one but when I played with it... I. JUST. CAN'T. But I really wanted the traditional one so I placed another order. Oops!

Yes, they're quite heavy on the pocket. The S Curler retails for $24, while the traditional Eyelash Curler costs $20. Even for just the price of one Shu curler, I think I can buy like 3 to 5 curlers from the drugstore. But like I said, it's magic (or hypnotism, you definitely got me hook, line and sinker, Shu!)



Shu Uemura's best seller. Before I had my doubts, but after trying it out I am convinced. I haven't tried any 'expensive' eyelash curler so I can't compare my experience with Shu from other mid-range or designer brands. But, I am one satisfied customer.

This is the first time that I've done a live sample, so be kind. Haha! I've grayscaled the image because I'm not wearing any makeup and my brows are a mess!


Note: Left lashes curled using Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler.

Before Shu, I've almost given up on eyelash curlers. I have short and straight eyelashes. It's very hard to curl them, and when I do curl them, they look bent rather than curled. Honestly, I really thought that the problem lies on my lashes... but now, I know better.



Up close and personal with the S Curler. It looks really scary at first, but this baby works wonders. I had to read the instruction on the box before trying this out. It turned out that this one works just like ordinary eyelash curlers. 


Note: Left lashes curled using the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, Right lashes curled using the S Curler

Looks the same, no? Like I said, magic! 

Anyway, both curlers are amazing. But I prefer the traditional eyelash curler because  with just one press, your eyelashes are curled to perfection. With the S curler, you need to repeat the process until you've curled all of them. The only good thing about that is that you can curl the lashes on the corners of your eyes.

The only con with these two is their price. IT'S EXPENSIVE! And I just realized while making this post.

I definitely love them, but I don't think I can recommend them. What I suggest is you try them out first. They are actually available for test run on Shu Uemura stores. ☺

13 comments:

  1. Yes, I follow you on gfc #85, follow back?

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Shu Uemura eye lash curler but I much prefer my Laura Mercier's. Shu Uemura does give my short and straight lashes a good curl but I find Laura Mercier's curler gives my lashes a very natural looking curl and it doesn't pinch my lids at all!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was introduced to Shu Uemura eyelash curler many years ago & I'm still stuck with it. The S-curler looks interesting, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really use eyelash curlers as my eyelashes are generally really easy to mould with mascara and usually stay in place, but I'm really intrigued to try them out now!x

    http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. i barely use eyelash curlers anymore but seeing your post has made me wanna start using them again :) x x

    http://millieerosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only ever heard good things about this one. In fact it's all people seem to talk about period! I've never tried it for myself, I think because the price tag might scare me slightly and considering previous experience with the drug store kind being very disappointing too. I have the same kind of unruly eyelashes so seeing them work their magic on you - totally sold!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lash curlers are definitely my go-to. They are just perfect for making the effect of bright eyes when I'm tired.

    Stay Wonderful Always,
    Heide
    Kintsugi of Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post! Kisses!
    Lidia

    www.lidiasbag.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally know how you feel,
    I never appreciated eyelash curlers until recently and
    now i love them!
    Great post!! Cheers,
    Britt
    Just Britt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! Eyelash curlers add a great flare:)
    xo Bry MyLittleSecrets.Naughty&Nice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! Eyelash curlers add a great flare:)
    xo Bry MyLittleSecrets.Naughty&Nice

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's my first time to hear about this brand and it looks great! :)


    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete