9/20/14

NYFW Favorites #2



And here's the second part of my New York Fashion Wek Favorites! The first part can be found here. There are just so many beautiful collections this year. In fact, if I'm not much of a procrastinator, I think I can still come up with another batch... but I'm so behind schedule. It's almost halfway through Milan Fashion Week and I still haven't published my post for London Fashion Week, whew! I have a ton of backlogs for Fashion Week so pardon me.
  1. Monique Lhuillier mentioned that she wanted to grow her skills as a Daywear designer too! And it seems like she succeeded with this collection for Spring.
  2. Believe it or not, J. Mendel's inspiration for his S/S 2015 Collection are paintings of buildings. 
  3. Ralph Lauren's collection is very casual and sporty. 
  4. According to Barbara Tfank, her spring collection is 'inspired by women's connection to nature and their feminine energy'.
  5. Carolina Herrera's starting point for spring is flowers. But this time, she's pushed bounderies in creating this feminine yet rather edgy collection.
  6. Diane von Furstenberg is all about powerful dresses and skirts. Only 2 paris of pants were showcased in the whole show ladies and gents. Oh, and by the way, Naomi Campbell closed the show.
  7. Vera Wang's theme for her collection is 'Boyish Boudoir, Baby Bohemian'.
  8. Tory Burch's collection is all about women empowerment. Her inspiration this collection is Françoise Gilot because 'she was a strong woman and a great artist... and she was the only woman who left Picaso'. 
  9. There's always this dreamy feel with Alice + Olivia's collection. And this time around, Stacy Bendet took inspiration from Verseilles.
This post is probably my last post for New York Fashion Week. I'll be doing the same favorites post for London Fashion Week so brace yourselves. By the way, you can check the schedule for fashion week here.


3 comments:

  1. I liked very much the collection of Diana Von Furstenberg!

    http://fashi0n-m0de.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice+Olivia was one of my faves!!
    Thank you for following, just followed you back via gfc and bloglovin, now going to follow on your other socials too! Hope we can stay in touch darling!!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Tory Burch and Victoria Beckham! Such great collections. The Fashion week is so cool!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete